Year #3 for the “Get Busy Living” Performer of the Week will begin later this month—a chance for YOUR community to earn $100 each week for your high school’s PE department. During the past two school years, just under $5000 has been given to several high schools during both the fall and winter sports seasons to winners in all kinds of sports, including cheerleading and dance. In addition, each winning school is presented with a 24×30 poster depicting the season winners to display in their trophy case.
Starting August 23, the twelve week contest will once again use online voting to determine the winners, with over 60 schools surrounding the seventeen clinics in the Champion Fitness Physical Therapy being eligible to participate. Here are the rules:
1) Champion Fitness Physical Therapy begins its third year program to honor the Get Busy Living PERFORMER OF THE WEEK.
- a. Schools/fans would submit their team’s or individual’s performance from Thursday until and including the following Wednesday. Any fall high school athletic VARSITY team or VARSITY individual’s performance can be entered. Entries are sent to Champion Fitness via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A logical rationale is required as to why this team or individual should be entered.
- Any high school team or individual within the scope of the Champion Fitness Physical Therapy’s clinics’ area is eligible to enter. This includes football, volleyball, swimming, tennis, cross country, golf, cheerleading, or dance.
- A school/fan may enter more than one team or individual per week.
2) Each Thursday morning before 8:00 AM, a panel from Champion will select the three finalists and post them on Champion Fitness website. Notices will also be sent to the schools and Champion clinics where those nominations reside.
3) Voting is done online through the Champion Fitness Physical Therapy website (www.champfit.com). Participants will click on their choice to submit.
- Voters will have from NOON Thursday-NOON Friday (24 hours) to submit their choice.
- Voters can vote as often as they like, but only one choice per vote.
- Team or individual with the most online votes will win for that week.
- Champion Fitness reserves the right to block any and all inappropriate voting and/or voting practices.
4) Once the voting is completed and declared official, the winner will be announced online at www.champfit.com before 1:00 on Friday. The winning school will be contacted that afternoon.
5) Each winning school will receive $100 for their PE department. A check will be presented to the winning school’s PE department head ASAP the following week by a representative of Champion Fitness Physical Therapy, as well as a pertinent award to the winning team or individual. Photos opportunities from local news media are encouraged.
6) Schools may win more than once during the season.
7) The Fall Contest runs for 12 weeks from August 23-November 15. At the end of the fall competition, a 24×30 poster, suitable for framing, recognizing the winners will also be presented to each school.
******This is an opportunity that we would like to extend to our area high school’s PE departments in order to continue to stress Fitness and Health. Our “Get Busy Living” brand is essential to our commitment to our youth. The athletes or the teams may get the glory, but the PE department, a class that kids take every day, will benefit.
*****Nominations begin August 23 for Week #1. The first three finalists will be announced on the morning of August 30, and the winner of that first week will be announced August 31 on our website.