Thursday Night Sports Blitz Segment
Champion Fitness Physical Therapy
Get Busy Living PERFORMER OF THE WEEK
1) Each week during the sports season, WJEZ (98.9, wjez.com) hosts the Thursday Night Sports Blitz from 4-5 pm, a show dedicated to high school sports. Champion Fitness Physical Therapy has joined forces with WJEZ to honor the Get Busy Living PERFORMER OF THE WEEK.
a. Schools/fans would submit their team’s or individual’s performance from the Thursday the show airs until and including the following Wednesday. Any fall high school athletic VARSITY team or VARSITY individual’s performance can be entered. Entries are sent to Champion Fitness via email. (Go to champfit.com, click on the Contact Us tab at the top and follow the directions on that page.) A logical rationale is required as to why this team or individual should be entered.
b. Any high school team or individual within the scope of the Champion Fitness Physical Therapy’s clinics’ area is eligible to enter.
c. A school/fan may enter more than one team or individual per week.
d. A panel from Champion will select the three finalists each week with input from the sports staff at WJEZ.
2) Each week during the CFPT segment of the Thursday Night Sports Blitz, we will announce the three finalists for that particular PERFORMER OF THE WEEK.
3) Voting is done online through the Champion Fitness Physical Therapy website. Participants will click on their choice to submit.
a. Voters will have from 4:00 p.m. Thursday-4:00 p.m. Friday (24 hours) to submit their choice.
b. Voters can vote as often as they like, but only one choice per vote.
c. Team or individual with the most online votes will win for that week.
4) The winner will be announced during halftime of the featured game on Friday night on both WJEZ-FM (98.9, wjez.com) and WJBC (93.7, wjbc.com).
5) Each winning school will receive $100 for their PE department. A check will be presented to the winning school’s PE department head ASAP the following week by a representative of Champion Fitness Physical Therapy, as well as a pertinent award to the winning team or individual. Photos opportunities from local news media are encouraged.
6) Schools may win more than once during the season.
7) Contest runs from December 2-March 1
******This is an opportunity that we would like to extend to our area high school’s PE departments in order to continue to stress Fitness and Health. Our “Get Busy Living” brand is essential to our commitment to our youth. The athletes or the teams may get the glory, but the PE department, a class that kids take everyday, will benefit.
*******We also realize that many of our schools within our Champion Fitness Physical Therapy family will have to rely on “Streaming” audio from the computer to participate, but in this day and age, with the way people use their computer, we believe that your opportunity to win is as good as the others.
*****Contest will begin with all of the rules and regulations stated once again during the Champion segment of the Thursday Night Sports Blitz on December 2(98.9 FM, www.wjez.com). The first three nominees will be announced on December 9, and the winner of that first week will be announced during the games of December 10.